The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program exists to assist and empower eligible individuals with disabilities to achieve and maintain meaningful employment.
Some examples of what our VR services might include:
- Provide information about available jobs in the area.
- Assist clients to identify their strengths and weaknesses as well as identify job readiness through a structured employment assessment.
- Help select career goals that are relevant to age, ability, and relative skill set.
- Individualized coaching for the client to obtain necessary skills for the selected job.
- Job counseling and on the job guidance to help clients learn the right skills for their new career.
- Arrange and provide for assistive technology where necessary.
- Training and education to the employer about he unique nature of working with a person in this program.